SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tnlady_gw

New House 'Allergy Syndrome?!'

tnlady
18 years ago

I've not had a lot of time to view or post these past few months as I got called back to teaching (at my university) on an emergency basis (best male friend had become Chair- adjunct walked out after three weeks - thought I'd semi-retired ...yada, yada - had thrown out all my lecture notes...double yada, yada, yada...been REALLY busy!).

I just posted about an issue with a "Bill-" but have one more thing I want to vent about before the ugliness of 2005 is over:

That would be "Have you or family members had an increase in Allergies or Asthma since moving into your new home??"

We've been here since Feb./05. I did everything I could do get up dust and such between each SUB's work, before moving in. I've bought two different VACS and three different (wood) floor cleaning systems since then. I'm totally NOT a Dummie about cleaning. Put myself through Graduate school - and a couple of years after - cleaning 7-8 houses a week, with rave reviews...

But, we are ALL sick ALL of the time. Worst is snorting and hacking in the morning...Myself to a REALLY SEVERE extent -

but then, I'm the maid and stir all of the "dust and c%ap" up every day.

Now, we've all had mild seasonal allergies before moving in here. We live in one of the top five areas of the U.S.for such...BUT# - I really think there is something to the "New House" that is making things worse - and I don't know how to get past it even though I exhaust myself cleaning everyday (using mostly organic cleaners).

Mostly, I want to know if anyone is experiencing the same thing - and then maybe in the New Year - we can try to work getting past it.

Sick of being Sick,

TNLady

P.S. I do Allegra, Zyrtec, and Benadryl every day. Latter helps some - but puts me to sleep!!! I do find that a hot pot of steaming water on the stove helps SOME.

Comments (19)