SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sis3_gw

Help please! Furniture placement.

sis3
15 years ago

Your help would be so appreciated. I have to start on this family/living room next and desperately need help with the furniture placement.

The room is large at 30 feet by 20 feet and has two sets of French doors to the pool and water views.

We don't use this room for TV viewing but for entertaining, reading, music etc.

I have read so many times where they say that a large room should be divided into several sitting areas, but how can this be achieved in this room?

As we live in a hot climate we rarely need to huddle around the fireplace, and if possible I would like to make a comfortable sitting area to take advantage of the best views (marked on my little plan) and open it to the seating immediately outside.

The main traffic flow is from the kitchen through the French doors to the left of the fireplace.

All the furniture on the existing plan will stay, but the built ins which we built years ago are to be remodeled. The bar/beverage area will be completely rebuilt. The library built ins can be rebuilt, rearranged, or moved and will be painted or restained. For example the far left parts of the library built in could be removed to accomodate the sofa on that wall. The sofa and armchairs are large (as is the room) but their backs are quite high so in the present arrangement they tend to block sight lines across the room. The rug will go.

The photos are taken from each corner of the room counter clockwise starting from from the kitchen. I apologize for the raw state of the room.

Have I given you enough information for you to help me?

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}{{!gwi}}

Comments (5)