SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my3sons64

beware ptc property renovations, llc of bedford texas

my3sons64
14 years ago

If you are planning to renovate your kitchen and bathrooms in the DFW area beware of PTC Property Renovations, LLC of Bedford Texas !!! This GC is NOT registered with the BBB in the DFW area. We made a HUGE mistake hiring this one man company (Paul Thomas Clement) and placing our trust to this GC to renovate our kitchen and bathrooms. We were told by the GC that the renovation would only take 3 weeks but it actually took twice the time and the work is still unfinished. We paid this contractor half the initial estimates (roughly 12k) before the job started to show our good faith. We even went as far as giving him our house key during the renovation. Well, it has turned into a disaster with rework after rework to fix things because of poor workmanship. We are still discovering the problems well after this contractor got paid in full and ran off with the money. We have uploaded pictures to demonstrate the unprofessional work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41177320@N02/?saved=1

The majority of the rework has involved plumbing. We realized after the fact that this GC is not qualified to perform plumbing work. We had leaks after leaks from the shower to our toilet. All the rework has caused me to miss work to allow this contractor to perform the work and listening to his excuses. The GC refused to fix both the leaks in the main shower head and toilet only to blame the faulty product. The biggest headache has to be in our kitchen where we are constantly reminded of the shotty work while walking on the uneven tile floor. Our floor was not that far from even to cause this excessive hills and valleys. PTC never once asked us to level the kitchen floor. We are thinking of redoing the whole tile flooring in the house because of this. We need to know what legal recourse we have with this contractor because the floor pattern is NOT what we asked for and written in the contract. We asked for a Versailles pattern but the finished floor is some other random pattern from the kitchen onto the bathroom. Is this misrepresentation of work enough for us to get the GC to redo the flooring? We could go on and on with other problems but the pictures as they say worth a thousand words.

In conclusion, we have been so stressed out with this renovation dealing with this PTC Property Renovations, LLC and the aftermath that we felt compelled to let anyone out there know about this contractor and to not be the next victim. We only wish that we had discover Garden Web before starting this renovation to avoid the pit falls and GC like this PTC Property Renovations, LLC of Bedford Texas.

Comments (2)

• texasredhead
    14 years ago

I see you registered yesterday,I presume to tell us of your mistake in paying off a GC before all issues were completed.
    You also need to check that he paid his suppliers or they may be coming after you for payment.

• my3sons64
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We admit we made a terrible mistake in hiring this GC and placing our trusts in this GC to do the right thing. As indicated in your post, we post for the first time to let everyone knows about this GC and not become victimized like we did. We are considering taking legal action against the GC for misrepresentation (GC promising but did not deliver Versailles pattern for all tile floor per signed contract). We do not seek sympathy from the forum readers but rather caution everyone considering using this PTC Property Renovations who charges premium fee but delivered less than desirable results as shown in my photos link.