SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliris19

I am officially excited

13 years ago

OK, it actually happened. A truck pulled up at our house today and there were a whole big pile of cabinets inside that got unloaded at our house. I know I'm excited but feel so under the weather that I can't really feel properly. Bummer. But also I guess I'm pretty inured to stuff going wrong and I'm cynical. Still, I guess it's time to permit some excitement in. I was talking with the installer's foreman or whatever-he-is the other day and he asked me: "aren't you excited"? And I did say yes, but the real truth is, I just didn't believe it would happen, that this moment would actually arrive. There'd be a delay, or something or other....

So here we are, photos included below in gorey detail. The cabinet company continued their aberrant policy of requiring full payment of the cabinets before delivery. I tried to complain but he just wasn't interested in hearing the complaint. He does what he does. And it isn't as if I don't trust him... just still not sure why the trust must all be on one side. But all's well so far at least - here's hoping for it to end well too.

This is a photo from just a few weeks back when the floor wasn't yet installed and I can't even remember why the wall was ripped up - I think for plumbing? Dunno...

Then the floor got installed and things got a little sparklier. Visible are both Easter and Passover supplies. Ordinarily I like this time of year; hard to be chipper at the moment though (still). There is a beautiful egg tree just out of sight:

Here is the truck, the actual truck with a tired driver-gentleman:

And here are a couple lone pictures of some cabinets before the flood:

But here's the real mccoy: there are a lot of cabinets here. What was I thinking?

And here are some pictures of things laid out on the bottom, sort of. There are a couple glitches - drawer not cut away for a pipe, missing cabinet inserts, etc. No biggie

And look - my compost bucket fits in the open shelf! I'm so excited....

It actually looks better IRL, which is good of course.

Will I remember how to cook?

Comments (7)