SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurielou177

Help with floor and cabinet colors -see photos

laurielou177
13 years ago

We need some outside opinions on possible color combos with marmoleum floor and simple wood painted cabinets. We definitely want yellow cabinets. The photo shows the mock-up of a door done by carpenter. It just has one quick coat of latex paint on it. For the floor, either a checkerboard pattern or very splattered sheet marmoleum. The more intense green and blue looks kind of 3-D just because of the way my husband pieced it together on computer. It shouldn't have the black lines showing. The softer green checkerboard is a softer color of green and blue, but a different line of marmoleum - color more broken up.

We (husband, kids, myself)all like greens, blues and yellows. WE like checkboard patterns, but don't want if too distracting, or if it gets old fast! Like the splatter sheet because it would hide dirt and the grey-blue splatter seems to leave open more future color options in walls and cabinets. Just hard to envision the whole floor in combination w/other parts. Obviously, we like color.

This is for a 1918 foursquare. Any thoughts? I realize we will just have to bite the bullet and pick, but a big decision, as we won't be redoing flooring.

Comments (8)