SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
demeron

Well, got another one

demeron
17 years ago

We started showings again Monday, it was shown 3 times Monday and 3 times today. There are a couple more showings lined up. We got another offer today-- it was full price (187,000) with 5600 in closing cost help. Settlement date flexible. Earnest money was $1K. We countered at 2800 in closing cost help (or that tacked to the price if they prefer) and $2K in earnest money. I know some may think that the earnest money is light, but honestly I have come to regard earnest money as a crock. The last buyers refuse to release their $2K in earnest money even though they sat on the house for a month-- they keep insisting we split it as the promotion/decision not to move "wasn't their fault." Like it was ours? I am not sure how to handle the earnest money question-- I guess I will be calling our attorney, and that doesn't come free.

Anyway, the new offer wasn't bad, but I don't feel that great about it-- the buyers are preapproved, but plan to use 100% financing and a 40 year mortgage. Doesn't make me feel like they are in very good shape to weather setbacks either before or after closing, but I suppose that's not really my problem at this point. It seemed foolish not to counter so we did. Will keep you posted. On a brighter note a friend of mine who has been searching forever without much hope found a house within walking distance of our new one, so we are all happy about that.

Comments (12)