SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
herus_gw

Making offer on Short Sale FSBO, need help quick please

herus
17 years ago

I had a friend who is a realtor walk this house with me. Because it is a short sale the bank has vetoed any official realtor involvement (ie will not pay for it).

The home needs a fair amount of work; I have posted on this before. It will also need a stucco (EIFS) inspection and, according to my friend, air quality (possibility of mold) and termite inspection, all as contingencies. I agree with him.

Should I engage a Real Estate attorney? The realtor friend will not take responsibility for any advice given, and rightly so I think. (free, get what you pay for!).

Anyone from the North Atlanta suburbs reading this please also chime in with reco (via email) on RE attorney, stucco inspector, or anything else. The homeowner is in complete cooperation as there is no benefit one way or another but clean credit. It is the lender who I must deal with.

On another note: we are going to place an offer which I think is fair based on comps and the amount of work needed, plus being synthetic stucco. This happens to be a lot less than the loan amount (cash pulled out in refi, not based on purchase price). So the bank will need to be persuaded to take a loss. Question... should I document (with pics as I have them) the numerous areas around the home that need repair to be brought up to par?

(For those who will question why even bother with such a home, the answer is in my other post... location.)

Comment (1)