SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
indigobirder

Painting cabinets, Your ideas please

indigobirder
17 years ago

I need ideas for my cabinets, I wish I could send a pic but just can't figure out how to put it in. Anyway we are doing a little remodel, moving cabinets around replacing the top cabinets with open shelving, new countertop, and flooring. My husband kind of threw this on me as I went to the store for an hour and came home to my kitchen taken apart. I'm excited to get rid of my fake brick and orange kitchen. it was really bad and we were able to use the space much better but feeling a little rushed now.

We will keep our cabinets but they really need some help. They are oak, and have alot of detail I think they are pretty dated my husband thinks they just need to be cleaned up and revarnished. I would like to paint or glaze to try update them a little. And of course we will change hardware.

All I can think if in trying to explain the detail is a boxy 8 shape with a panel behind that.

Anyway thinking of oak with detail, tell me what you would do? would you try to paint, or stain, or just clean up? I am open to any ideas, I desperately need some help on this one, i'm a creative person but don't know much about staining or painting cabinets or wood in general. I need to figure out what I'm doing soon so I can order my countertops wich will be laminate. I can take my time in finishing the cabinets but just need to know what look i'm going for.

thank you

Sara

Comments (9)