SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melrosgirl

New Home Builders - how much do they move on price?

melrosgirl
17 years ago

Brand new home. Built in 2005. Sitting vacant for a year now. In new housing development. (Started building 2 years ago.) Gorgeous development. Prices start out at $390,000 on up.

This vacant home was on the market for $517,000 a year ago if memory serves me right.

It's now listed as $489,000.

I like the house. I don't like the price. How much is a builder usually willing to lower the price? (Another similar home with few upgrades is listing for $419,000 - lot is not as good and not many upgrades. Everything else is the same.)

My realtor says "to put in an offer" and the builder might go for it, but realistically I want a lot. I want the price lowered to the $425,000 range and I want the builder to repaint the walls b/c they used a horrible color (not white - some weird tan color). I also want carpet ripped out of the dining room (!!) and hardwood installed to match the foyer.

Would this be totally unrealistic in my expectations? It's a regional builder, not a local guy. (Housing market where I am is kind of dead for high priced homes. Here anything over $300,000 is sitting for a bit.)

Comments (8)