SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_55909

Lower price....pull off market...what to do this time of year??

User
17 years ago

Our house has been on the market for six weeks now. We've had 15 showings, but no offers yet. Just two weeks prior to our house being listed, houses in our neighborhood were selling the weekend they were listed...now, not so much. Our price is right in line with the comps. We haven't received any negative feedback. Actually had some people say it was the best house they'd seen that day, etc. Had some people measuring to make sure certain furniture would fit, etc.

BTW..we are in St. Louis, MO (West county area). 30 year old split level home (garage on side of house...NOT under like most splits), 3 bedroom (plus an office/bedroom), 3 full baths, finished LL, custom bar, rec room, 2500 sq ft, updated kitchen, updated baths and finishes. Located on a cul-de-sac in a great area with A+ schools. Houses priced $200000-$250000. Ours is listed at $236000.

We've already purchased another home and have been working on it for the past month. Now we're trying to decide at what point do we lower the price?? Is the price really the problem, or is it just the market and the time of year?

Also, does it make sense to pull it off the market now and wait until after the first of the year? I have heard of people doing this, but I just don't understand why. I think if someone has to relocate, they will make an offer whenever. Just the other day (weekday) it was pouring rain all day..I figured nobody would come through the house on a day like that..but we got a call and someone wanted to see the house.

Thanks in advance for your comments!!

Comments (25)