SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pipdog_gw

Selling house furnished- when is right time to discuss pricing?

Pipdog
10 years ago

Our house has been on the market one week. We're moving to a home with an entirely different style (from a cottage ranch to a mid century modern) and we'd like to sell the majority of our furniture/rugs/window treatments with our current home.

Our agents have apparently been telling people at the open houses that the furniture may "be available for purchase", and they are requesting that we put a list together of items with their price. I put a list together of all the items for sale, but I am concerned about giving it to my agents. I'd prefer to wait until the contingencies have been removed or close of escrow to discuss buying furniture. If they don't want to buy it we could sell it at an estate sale or on Craigslist.

However,my agents have asked me three times now for the price list and they seem frustrated that I won't give them this information. I'm concerned that the negotiations over the furniture might distract from the negotiations of the purchase price of the house and could affect those negotiations. I disagree with their strategy of providing a "price list" to potential buyers this early in the game.

When is the right time to discuss pricing for the furniture/items?

This post was edited by pipdog on Sun, Nov 3, 13 at 12:25

Comments (17)