SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncamy_gw

Need help finding a simple panel bed.

ncamy
15 years ago

We are in the final blueprint stage of building a craftsman style bungalow. I have pretty much decided to start over with almost all of my furniture except for a few antique and family pieces. I'm sick of Queen Anne legs and curvy formal furniture. We hope to furnish our new home with simple straight lines and classic wood furniture, not strictly mission style, but simple solid wood furniture.

For the master bedroom I'm looking for a panel queen bed. No curves, no carving. I don't like the slatted mission styles and I don't like light stained wood. By the way the house will have medium stained wood trim throughout. Most of the panel beds I've seen have headboards that are five to six feet tall. I really don't want one that is that tall because I would like to place the bed under the row of square windows that will run along the exterior wall. I'm not exactly sure how low those windows will be placed. At this point we can still put them where ever we want, but I'm pretty sure they won't be six feet off the ground!

So as I'm trying to coordinate finalizing the blueprints, I'm also trying to find a panel bed that will work under the windows so that we know exactly where to place the windows. Does anyone know of a recommended brand that has good quality wood furniture with a panel bed? We do live in NC and usually buy our furniture either in Hickory or at Boyles. We try to stick to mid-grade quality lines such as Thomasville, Lexington, Hickory Chair, etc. I can't break the bank on the bedroom furniture because the Stanford couch and the Stickley dining room furniture are going to take care of doing that quite nicely.

Comments (12)