SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marinagalgw

Pendant dilemma .... beach house kitchen

MarinaGal
9 years ago

I haven't been posting lately b/c I have been scrambling to get a kitchen reno done in our summer house before my husband loses all faith! I am down to my last decisions - kitchen pendants and sconces. This is a large room, about 20'x22', the kitchen area is not in this photo but the the dining table will be in front of this wall of windows that has a water view. (Older photo from this winter - we are almost done, actually!) Kitchen is white/beachy/rustic in style.

{{!gwi}}

The dining table will look like this, more or less:

{{!gwi}}

I am wallpapering that niche in the photo with this paper and putting a low chest in front of it (chest TBD):

{{!gwi}}

I am likely using these pendants over the kitchen island which is about 12 feet from the window:

{{!gwi}}

Now, if you are still reading and I haven't bored you (!), I need to select 2 pendants that hang over the dining table. They will be hung in on the ceiling from the sides of the fixed window in the middle of the 2 sliders. I want them to direct downward light for the most part b/c I don't want a lot of reflection in the glass when they are lit at night. There are also 2 sconces, not yet selected, on the side walls. Here are the options I am considering (first from Serena and Lily, and next two from Simon Pearce). Do these make sense with the beehive pendants for the island? I can't decide whether I like the white of the Serena & Lily buoy pendants (and maybe the buoys are too literal/nautical?) or the alabaster of the Simon Pearce pendants. Maybe I should keep looking?? TIA for your input!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (23)