SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

Tweaked layout again... better?

remodelfla
16 years ago

I keep adjusting my layout based on feedback. For those who have followed; there's still the question on if I"ll be able to get rid of the column in the middle of the kitchen but either way, the basic layout would remain the same. If the column has to stay; someone sent me a pic of a glass cab/counter lit from the inside that someone used on piece of wall similar to what I may have to leave. My other option will be if an engineer says I can replace the wall width with a column at the end of the island.. it would have to be at a reasonable expense. I've changed the layout slightly. Added two windows at the corner to compensate for the large 9' window I'm taking out to allow for a counter against the west wall. I added a prep sink by those windows. I think I can fit the Advantium micro oven next to the frig. I might be short width wise a couple of inches which would involve notching out the cement offset in the wall as it extends from next to the frig section toward the window. I also made the island shorter and added a prep table at the north end that would double as informal eating/baking center. I'll post the two layouts so you can compare. I tried to make as much sense as I could here without going into an entire history!

Thanks... as always... Elyse

Comments (28)