Dear Santa Post:

vicky4x4
15 years ago

Please copy and paste then fill this out to help out your Secret Santa,

Dear (Secret) Santa,

**** favorite color

**** least favorite color

**** favorite type of fabric; 30's CW; batiks etc etc

**** do you have allergies to foods, flavors, smells, candles that type of thing

**** Do you collect anything, besides fabric!!

**** Pets?

**** Your occupation if you care to share! And you stay-at-home Mom's That is AN OCCUPATION!!!

****. Books or authors I like to read:

**** My hobbies, besides quilting:

**** My favorite sport(s) and teams:

**** My favorite TV show(s):

****When I'm bored, I:

**** Chocolate or hard candy?

**** Anything else you would like your partner to know about you.

Comments (20)

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Please disregard this post! I wanted this in the instruction/sign up post.

Vicky

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm messing up big time here!!! This is the right place. I'm sorry for this confusion. Maybe I should just go to bed and try again tomorrow!

Vicky

• Related Discussions

2008 --- Dear Santa,

Q

Comments (9)
    Ha ha...A dollar short and a day late. ha ha. You aren't asking for much there Moonie. Since Christmas is over perhaps we should all be writing the Tooth Fairy....I think I have extra teeth back there somewhere. ha ha. I'm glad you were able to get another greenhouse. We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful, healthy hobby. Good luck with your wish list. :) Tj
    ...See More

Dear Plant Santa,

Q

Comments (10)
    /PPG. I guess we need to get you prepped for your first Aleya purchase then! ^_~ My answers are: 1. The BIG bag of 500 dragonfly clips. Somehow I can never quite justify spending $50 on dragonfly clips, but seriously, dragonfly clips are like gold to me. Ruby and diamond encrusted gold. 2. A top of the line lighting setup! And a RO system! And a cloner! 3. C! Totally C. I'd give my eye teeth to be hooked up to and have the contents of CB's brain dumped into mine. And maybe Bruce Lee's, too, while I was at it, so that when people disagreed with my identifications I could just threaten them with a dreaded one-inch punch.
    ...See More

Dear Santa

Q

Comments (2)
    Cute Elaine. ~Urlee~
    ...See More

Secret Santa Instructions and sign up list:

Q

Comments (17)
    my favorite color is pink, do not care for orange or lime, fabric all, no coffee or black tea, allergy are pepper, ice cream and fountain soda, i like cats, and cookbooks, no pets right now hopefully later, retired, read debbie mccomber, jeannete oaks, nascar i check out to see who's winning, t.v. american and canadian idol, food network, america's got talent and good movies. as for the rest not a real good line up. when i'm bored and not sewing i call my friends and bug them or nap, love chocolate and do eat my share. hope this comes out right never lines up as it should not great at spelling either.
    ...See More
  • teresa_nc7
    15 years ago

**** favorite color - blue
    **** least favorite color - orange
    **** favorite type of fabric - 30s, batiks, TOT, neutrals
    **** do you have allergies - no scents please
    **** Do you collect anything, besides fabric - actually I'm trying to get rid of stuff
    **** Pets - Andy, mini poodle
    **** Your occupation if you care to share! event coordinator
    ****. Books or authors I like to read: Barbara Delinsky, Eileen Goudge, Nicholas Sparks
    **** My hobbies, besides quilting: embroidery, travel, cooking
    **** My favorite sport(s) and teams: Olympics - ha!
    **** My favorite TV show(s): Project Runway, Top Chef, Jon and Kate plus 8
    ****When I'm bored, I: am never bored!
    **** Chocolate or hard candy? dark chocolate!

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    15 years ago

**** favorite color- Blue
    **** least favorite color- neon green
    **** favorite type of fabric- don't have any
    **** do you have allergies to foods, flavors, smells, candles that type of thing- I don't do things that smell, air freshers or candles.
    **** Do you collect anything, besides fabric!!- Chickens/ roosters/ sunflowers
    **** Pets?- two dogs, 1 cat, 4 chickens
    **** Your occupation if you care to share! And you stay-at-home Mom's That is AN OCCUPATION!!!- wife/homemaker/homeschool mom
    ****. Books or authors I like to read: Bible, Lori Wicks, Janette Oake
    **** My hobbies, besides quilting: reading, gardening
    **** My favorite sport(s) and teams: none
    **** My favorite TV show(s): none
    ****When I'm bored, I: quilt, read, take a walk
    **** Chocolate or hard candy? Dove dark chocolate

• redpenny
    15 years ago

Dear (Secret) Santa,

**** favorite color (Black)
    **** least favorite color ( Any shade of green)
    **** favorite type of fabric; 30's CW; batiks etc etc (Any)
    **** do you have allergies to foods, flavors, smells, candles that type of thing ( Don't like peanuts or nuts or candles or colognes trigger migraines)
    **** Do you collect anything, besides fabric!! (Fancy hair barretts)
    **** Pets? ( 5 cats)
    **** Your occupation if you care to share! And you stay-at-home Mom's That is AN OCCUPATION!!! (Wound Care Nurse)
    ****. Books or authors I like to read:( Like to read quilting magazines)Don't have the time to read books!
    **** My hobbies, besides quilting: (( Love to go to the thrift store.....and redo furniture....)
    **** My favorite sport(s) and teams: ( Ice skating and golf)
    **** My favorite TV show(s): (NipTuck)
    ****When I'm bored, I: (I sleep!)
    **** Chocolate or hard candy? (Milk Chocolate love butter creams)
    **** Anything else you would like your partner to know about you. (No nothing I can think of.)

• petalpatsy
    15 years ago

**** favorite color-- blue or green
    **** least favorite color-- red
    **** favorite type of fabric; TOT's are my favorites
    **** No allergies
    **** Do you collect anything, besides fabric? I seem to collect dust bunnies....please don't send me any, though.
    **** Pets? 5 cats, guppies
    **** Your occupation if you care to share! Mom-o-matic
    ****. Books or authors I like to read: Wheel of Time (aka Waste of Time) books by Robert Jordan
    **** My hobbies, besides quilting: composting, organic daylily and vegetable gardening, jewelry making
    **** My favorite sport(s) and teams: nada
    **** My favorite TV show(s): Iron Chef Japan
    ****When I'm bored, I: plan future quilts...arrgh
    **** Chocolate or hard candy? nooooooo! Just say no to candy.
    **** Anything else you would like your partner to know about you. No, this about covers it.

• gerizone5
    15 years ago

**** favorite color -- Blue
    **** least favorite color -- Orange
    **** favorite type of fabric; Batiks or just about anything
    **** do you have allergies: no candles as my husband has problem with them
    **** Do you collect anything, besides fabric!Beads for jewelry making, gemstones/rocks for tumbling
    **** Pets? none
    **** Your occupation if you care to share! And you stay-at-home Mom's That is AN OCCUPATION!!!--retired
    ****. Books or authors I like to read: Mary Higgins Clark, Jennifer Chaiverini, Jonathan Kellerman anything with a good mystery or historical nature.
    **** My hobbies, besides quilting: beading, gardening, reading
    **** My favorite sport(s) and teams: walking, rollerblading, ice skating--no team.
    **** My favorite TV show(s): Law and Order SVU
    ****When I'm bored, I eat (LOL):
    **** Chocolate or hard candy? chocolate
    **** Anything else you would like your partner to know about you. I'm easy to please.

• wynative
    15 years ago

1. favorite color ~ purple
    2. least favorite color ~ ?
    3. favorite type of fabric~ just depends on the mood but not to crazy about seasonal stuff
    4. do you have allergies to foods, flavors, smells, candles that type of thing ~ no
    5. Do you collect anything, besides fabric!! Mary Moo's, miniture knives and fishing lures
    6. Pets? Patti Sue - Border Collie, Vixen, Sparky, Coochie & Hoochie - cats & 2 tanks of mixed fish
    7. Your occupation if you care to share! And you stay-at-home Mom's That is AN OCCUPATION!!! Asst. Construction Engineer
    8. Books or authors I like to read: Parinormal -vampire, werewolf, ghosts... & any historical novel!
    9. My hobbies, besides quilting: cross stitch, reading, clay & gardening

1. My favorite sport(s) and teams: FOOTBALL ~ San Fransisco 49er's!~
    2. My favorite TV show(s): 24, The Shield, Discovery, History ....
    3. When I'm bored, I: Am shocked! because I have so much to do most of the time & I never seem to catch up... LOL
    4. Chocolate or hard candy? YES, yes & yes
    5. Anything else you would like your partner to know about you.

Marie

• nanajayne
    15 years ago

**** favorite color dark green
    **** least favorite color pink
    **** favorite type of fabric; 30's CW; batiks etc etc batiks
    **** do you have allergies to foods, flavors, smells, none
    candles that type of thing
    **** Do you collect anything, besides fabric!!Santa's
    **** Pets? no
    **** Your occupation if you care to share! And you stay-at-home Mom's That is AN OCCUPATION!!! retired nurse
    ****. Books or authors I like to read: David Baldacci;John Sandford; Greg Iles
    **** My hobbies, besides quilting: reading
    **** My favorite sport(s) and teams:Golf ;none
    **** My favorite TV show(s): jepardy
    ****When I'm bored, I: read
    **** Chocolate or hard candy? hard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• athomesewing
    15 years ago

Dear (Secret) Santa,

Favorite color: In fabrics blue-violet. In my sewing room primary red, white, and black

Least favorite color: If there must be a least favorite, then Blue-green, however they are all good!

Favorite type of fabric: Batiks

Do you have allergies to foods, flavors, smells, candles that type of thing: No, but I do have lamb-o-phobia (fear of accepting a dinner invitation, then to discover that lamb is being served).

Do you collect anything, besides fabric: (Yes, see next answer)

Pets: Boxers Striker, Aimee, Belle, Falon, and Randi

Occupation: Several over the years...Mariner, Illustrator, Embroiderer

Books or authors: Quilting magazines are my guilty pleasure.

Hobbies, besides quilting: Blogging politics/elections

My favorite sport(s) and teams: Quilting...Fons & Porter! (:

My favorite TV show(s): Desperate Housewives, The Amazing Race, NCIS

When IÂm bored, I: Fact check the news

Chocolate or hard candy? Chocolate rules!

Anything else you would like your partner to know about you:
    It is easier to sew and to quilt than to finish!

Connie
    AtHomeSewing

• shannonmomof4
    15 years ago

Dear (Secret) Santa,

**** favorite color sage green
    **** least favorite color don't have one
    **** favorite type of fabric; 30's CW; batiks etc etc small print florals
    **** do you have allergies to foods, flavors, smells, candles that type of thing no
    **** Do you collect anything, besides fabric!! snowmen
    **** Pets?
    **** Your occupation if you care to share! And you stay-at-home Mom's That is AN OCCUPATION!!! homeschooling mom
    ****. Books or authors I like to read: quilting magazines
    **** My hobbies, besides quilting: scrap booking!!!!
    **** My favorite sport(s) and teams:none
    **** My favorite TV show(s):Cosby Show
    ****When I'm bored, I: clean my house
    **** Chocolate or hard candy? hard candy

• redpenny
    15 years ago

BBTT

• meima
    15 years ago

Dear (Secret) Santa,

**** favorite color (autumn colors)
    **** least favorite color (neons/brights)
    **** favorite type of fabric; 30's CW; batiks etc etc
    (cotton! - conservative :)

**** do you have allergies to foods, flavors, smells, candles that type of thing
    (animal fur - I found this out when I kitten-sat! My eyes swelled shut... Then about a year later, I repaired a jacket for one of my daughter's friends. Based upon the condition of my eyes, I asked her if he had a pet cat. He did! If I know ahead, I am just careful NOT to touch my face. )
    **** Do you collect anything, besides fabric!! (acorn ornaments, etc.)
    **** Pets? two labs (they love to sleep in my flower beds)

**** Your occupation if you care to share! And you stay-at-home Mom's That is AN OCCUPATION!!! (elementary school principal...close to retirement...now I am stockpiling my quilting supplies so that I will be ready!)

****. Books or authors I like to read: (eclectic: I usually read from the school library...if the students are reading them, I want to identify with the students)

**** My hobbies, besides quilting: gardening

**** My favorite sport(s) and teams: whatever my children/grandchildren are involved in at the time

**** My favorite TV show(s): Antique Road Show! Survivor...totally out of character for me!...no sit-coms)
    ****When I'm bored, I: Never bored, only restless. There is always something interesting to do.
    **** Chocolate or hard candy? Chocolate!
    **** Anything else you would like your partner to know about you. When I retire, (besides spending time with family and friends and giving my house a really thorough sorting and cleaning) I want to grow heirloom vegetables in raised beds, quilt more, and weave again. As a senior in high school, I boarded at the Hindman Settlement School in Knott Co., Kentucky. I learned to weave while there. When I met my husband in college, I learned that his mother and grandmother were both weavers! I never met my husband's mother (she died of breast cancer when he was in middle school), but several years after my husband and I married, my father-in-law gave us one of her looms. I have only used it once or twice, and I think that is sad.

• patti60
    15 years ago

i posted on the wrong one. is there a way to move it over here. if not will re-do.

• redpenny
    15 years ago

Posted by patti60 (My Page) on Fri, Oct 10, 08 at 0:26

my favorite color is pink, do not care for orange or lime, fabric all, no coffee or black tea, allergy are pepper, ice cream and fountain soda, i like cats, and cookbooks, no pets right now hopefully later, retired, read debbie mccomber, jeannete oaks, nascar i check out to see who's winning, t.v. american and canadian idol, food network, america's got talent and good movies. as for the rest not a real good line up. when i'm bored and not sewing i call my friends and bug them or nap, love chocolate and do eat my share. hope this comes out right never lines up as it should not great at spelling either.

Hope this helps Patti
    Red
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• patti60
    15 years ago

thank you red. now i just need to learn how to keep the answers on the lines and not print out like it did. thanks again.

• cziga
    15 years ago

Dear (Secret) Santa,

**** favorite color - Purple (also blues and greens)

**** least favorite color - Don't really have one, but a lot of neons make my head spin.

**** favorite type of fabric - I like batiks, I like patterns (not too large). I'm not a big fan of the floral patterns though. I like astrological symbols and other symbolic patterns like that as well. Like animals. I like pretty much anything, I guess :) I even like seasonal fabrics (especially Halloween or Christmas/winter) as they always come in useful.

**** do you have allergies to foods, flavors, smells, candles that type of thing - none that I know of! In fact, we love candles over here.

**** Do you collect anything, besides fabric!! - Not specifically (although I might send PatelPatsy some of my dust bunnies, lol!). I collect heirloom tomato seeds I suppose, and peppers. Also, I seem to be starting a sunflower collection - vases with sumflowers on them, towels, kleenex box covers, etc . . . I do love my sunflowers (I grow a ton out in the garden, but they do seem to be moving inside as well).

**** Pets? - We have one dog, mid size, mixed breed hunting dog that we got from the humane society several years ago. She had been beaten and was about to be put down. Now she's healthy and happy, although still very wary of men (any man) and quick movements around her head. She makes a great guard dog though and has become part of the family.

****. Books or authors I like to read: - Nicholas Sparks, Clive Cussler (Dirk Pitt) stories, I like mysteries or historical fiction, and especially like when the two combine.

**** My hobbies, besides quilting: - Gardening, cooking. Also I'm learning how to knit (very slowly and poorly) and I want to learn in the next couple years how to make my own wine from the grapes that grow in our garden every year.

**** My favorite sport(s) and teams: - Soccer (Hmmm, favorite teams would be Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter Milan . . . Also Toronto FC of course)

**** My favorite TV show(s): - Bones, Project Runway, food network, History channel, MASH reruns . . . I'm more of a movie person though!

****When I'm bored, I: - Fool around on the computer, design new quilt ideas, play some games, read these forums :)

**** Chocolate or hard candy? - Chocolate, or sour candy. Not hard candy.

**** Anything else you would like your partner to know about you. - I think this pretty much covers it - I am laid back and easy to please :) I should say that I am still fairly new to quilting and am still in the beginning stages of learning. I can make simple blocks and quilts, but tend to stay away from applique and paper piecing still. Also, I mostly hand quilt, although we do now have a machine, I am still learning how to use it properly and so I still do the majority of my work by hand right now.

• lilypad22
    15 years ago

Dear (Secret) Santa,

**** favorite color YELLOW OR GREEN OR RED
    **** least favorite color ORANGE OR BROWN
    **** favorite type of fabric; 30's CW; batiks etc etc DEFINATELY VINTAGE, 30'S, ALSO CHRISTMAS PRINTS AND SMALL PRINT FLORALS
    **** do you have allergies to foods, flavors, smells, candles that type of thing NO ALLERGIES TO THESE (JUST SULFA)
    **** Do you collect anything, besides fabric!! LOTS OF PLANTS,HA..AND OLD VINTAGE THINGS OR COPIES OF VINTAGE THINGS, LIKE OLD FLOWER POTS, OLD KITCHEN STUFF, OLD TOYS.
    **** Pets? YES, CAT, DOGS, BIRD, FISH (IN FISHPOND).
    **** Your occupation if you care to share! And you stay-at-home Mom's That is AN OCCUPATION!!! STAY AT HOME GRANDMA
    ****. Books or authors I like to read: LOVED THOSE quilting STORIES BY JENNIFER CHIAVERINI. OLD MYSTERY/SPY BOOKS.
    **** My hobbies, besides quilting: AFRICAN VIOLETS, GESNERIADS, AND READING. AFTER WATERING ALL THE PLANTS THERE IS NO MORE TIME FOR OTHER HOBBIES.
    **** My favorite sport(s) and teams: SOCCER (NO MLS! ENJOY THE ENGLISH PREMIER GAMES) AND HOCKEY (LIKE ALMOST ALL TEAMS, DETROIT RED WINGS, MONTREAL CANADIANS, WASHINGTON CAPS, ATLANTA THRASHERS ARE FAVORITES.
    **** My favorite TV show(s): MONK, NCIS, CSI, PBS MYSTERIES
    ****When I'm bored, I: READ BOOKS, QUILTING AND FLOWER MAGAZINES, SURF THE INTERNET FOR QUILTING AND FLOWERS OR PLAY THE NANCY DREW MYSTERY GAMES ON THE COMPUTER.
    **** Chocolate or hard candy? ANY CANDY
    **** Anything else you would like your partner to know about you. LOVE OLD STUFF, JUNK TO OTHERS. I ALSO AM NEW TO QUILTING, I LEARNED TO SEW IN THE 70'S AS A TEENAGER. I GARDEN AND CAN, BUT I DON'T ENJOY COOKING OR HOUSECLEANING! HA.

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This is info for dian57

**** favorite color--right now I'm on a pink kick
    **** least favorite color--gray, taupe, anything dull
    **** favorite type of fabric--50's nostalgia (Dick & Jane, for example), Wizard of Oz
    **** do you have allergies to foods, flavors, smells, candles that type of thing--not a thing
    **** Do you collect anything, besides fabric--blue & white dinner plates, hostas, Pyrex bowls
    **** Pets--mature female pit bull/shepherd mix--Sheena (rent-a-dog from my son & dil)
    **** Your occupation if you care to share--Director of Nursing Services, long-term care/rehabilitation facility
    **** Books or authors I like to read--cookbooks, things to do with children, non-fiction survival handbooks
    **** My hobbies, besides quilting--stained glass, baking, working with wood
    **** My favorite sport(s) and teams--none
    **** My favorite TV show(s)--Mad Men, Big Bang Theory
    ****When I'm bored, I--organize, plan new projects, check out GardenWeb, get my grandchildren and play with them
    **** Chocolate or hard candy--chocolate
    **** Anything else you would like your partner to know about you--I'm into self-sufficiency and have a 'less is more' type of philosophy. Basic and practical lifestyle. I have terrible insomnia.

• athomesewing
    15 years ago

Moving thread up, so we can find it again.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH