SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

2008 --- Dear Santa,

moonie_57 (8 NC)
16 years ago

Thanks for visiting throughout the year, but it seems my needs keep increasing. Yes, I said "needs", not "wants". :)

A few years ago all I asked for was the use of one of the bedrooms to overwinter my tropicals in. Thank you for helping son find his own place! It worked well that year.

But, over the spring and summer my collection grew and I had to ask for more room. What happened, I was good!!?? Thanks for remembering hubby's citrus and palms, though. It helped get him into the "spirit of it all" and he didn't complain about having to duck and dodge through the house all the next winter. Even moving pots out of the shower wasn't a problem... much. Ok, it wasn't so good. :(

I really want to thank you for the greenhouse in 2006. The problem is, I forgot to talk to Old Man Winter and he blew through here and placed a nice big tree right on top of the greenhouse! It rendered the GH inoperable and we spent yet another winter with even more plants touching the ceilings, hanging over the bed, spiny palms sticking in our a$$e$. But, that was ok and we love the GH we got a few months ago.

Here's the problem, though. You didn't anticipate my every need and those cute little Mr. Heaters that we attach to the propane tank is just getting too expensive! Thanks for sending 2 of them, though. And it's nice having the extra tank for exchanges. But Mother Nature, (and other forces), have caused the price of propane exchange to jump $3 next week!

So I plan on being extra good this year and would like to have a -real- heater designed for greenhouse use. Also on my wish list is a circulation fan with automatic venting. Yes, it works well to open the door and lift the back flap but there are times that it's really inconvenient.

And, if you have any more room in your bag, I would like to have electricity. The extension cords are an eyesore running across the yard and these heavy duty ones are quite expensive! For now, I do appreciate what I have.

Also, could you have a word with Punxsutawney Phil? An early spring would be lovely.

Oh, and just one more thing..... if you could spread some Christmas cheer to the gas company, maybe I wouldn't have to put down such a large deposit.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (9)