SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yogastef

House on market for 3 days. Received 2 offers already!

yogastef
11 years ago

I've been lurking here for a while. I have posted a few answers to Weedyacres thread on curb appeal. I put my house on the market a few days ago, and have already received two offers. We listed it at $112,000. I received an offer for $112,000. and one for $125,000. I am thrilled! My agent is concerned that the appraisal will be too low. She thinks I will get more offers, and was hoping for a cash buyer. It's an old 1943 cottage, and I haven't done any remodeling. I added an orchard, cottage garden, and vegetable gardens. The pipes are the original galvanized pipes, and they've been working fine. I replaced the kitchen floor 10 years ago, recarpeted last year, and have done good basic maintenance. Anyway, I'm thinking that maybe I will offer the higher bidder seller financing. I own the home outright. I bought it for $89,500. Have any of you done this? The house is 567 square feet on a 7,260 square foot lot. The property taxes can only go up 2% a year in CA. I know the land will go up over time. I plan to rent in Oregon and look for a tiny home. I may fix up and resell again. I enjoy landscaping and decorating, and this experience has really motivated me to reinvest. I have enough cash to pay the agents, closing costs, termite tent, and septic pump. I live very frugally, and have enough in savings to pay my personal expenses for over a year.

Comments (35)