SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schnum

bathroom countertop - oops!

Schnum
10 years ago

I don't even have a picture to post because it makes me want to cry just thinking about it. No pictures were taken of the mess that is my bathroom counter.

So, we are remodeling parts of our house, and getting it ready to put on the market. Making the cut to be re-done was the bathroom counter. Out goes the gold speckled hunk of ugly from the 70's. In goes a pretty formica countertop... the color escapes me at the moment.

And here is where disaster strikes.

We aren't new to DIY. We've done SO much to our homes over the years, we really should have known better.

The counter is a kitchen counter. The vanity is a bathroom vanity. The 2 were not created to be equal. The overhang is like 2+ inches. It looks ridiculous. Honestly, if it were just us I would get over it. The counter itself is very pretty. Resale value? Ugh! I don't even know what that will do to the resale value.

Anyone have any experience in this area? Any genius tips on how to fix the overhang w/o starting over? The hole for the sink is cut already so we can't just take some off the back and readjust that way. :(

Comments (10)