SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crl_

Small kitchen, old house, layout help appreciated

crl_
10 years ago

We are planning our third kitchen remodel with gardenweb! (All different houses).

We bought a 1926 French Revival house not too long ago. It has it's original kitchen! The original kitchen has a fair bit of charm, but it's not the most functional space.

I would like to have more fuctional storage space, ie drawers. And I would like to have more counter space. And I would like to have the space feel a bit brighter and more open. The kitchen also needs to fit into the rest of the house, both in footprint and style.

One important note is that the current sink run (labeled "116 3/4 inches") is not 25 inches deep all the way across--nothing is square in an old house. We are planning on custom cabinets to address this. I should also mention that we plan to reuse our nearly new 30 inch induction range and our nearly new 24 inch Bosch dishwasher.

At this point I'm working on graph paper to try to get a layout planned. I'm including a picture of the basic floor plan of the kitchen in this post and will follow up with pictures of the existing space and a first draft floor plan for the remodel.

I will try to get a more sophisticated floor plan done on a computer in the next day or two as well.

Suggestions very welcome!

Comments (12)