SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msl511

Should I get multiple estimates?

msl511
16 years ago

I love the handyman company I use. I adore them. They show up when they say they will, they finish the whole job without disappearing, they do quality work, they clean up after themselves, they're responsive about my punch list and they don't nickel and dime me. When I need something done, I just call them and they know it. We've been using them for years.

Unfortunately, we find ourselves needing a new driveway, new garage door and new roof this spring and they don't do any of these things. They did, however, recommend one person for each job, people that they've worked with. I'd be very, very surprised if these weren't good faith recommendations. I've called them to come for estimates and made sure they know how I got their names. So, do you think I can rely purely on the fact of the recommendation of my regular guys and be sure I'm getting quality work at a fair price or should I ask for references, get other bids etc, etc? I don't want to be stupid or naive, but don't want to make this a bigger hassle than it needs to be.

Comments (5)