SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thefranlover

2nd Story Addition Help (san diego)

TheFranLover
12 years ago

Hello All,

My wife and I have purchased a home in San Diego. The home is a "bungalow" style (though all of its charm has been stripped), 1100 sq ft, 2 bed 1 bath, etc. If we build up, we will have ocean views. The neighborhood is the type that people tear down and rebuild so we're not concerned about getting the money back that we put into the house. It was built in 1942 so I'm sure we'll need to add more for foundation/structural purposes. The 2 car garage was added about 30 years ago and is on a concrete foundation while the rest of the house is crawl space. We're looking at adding a MBR suite with walk-in closet and bathroom.

So... my questions for anyone in the area. Has anyone acted as the GC before? How'd it go? Does anyone have an architect they've worked with before on any home remodel/addition you could recommend? If you've done something similar, how much did it cost you? There are a million different things we could do w/ the house so I'm on an endless quest to try and narrow options down. Thanks in advance.

Comments (6)