SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

Doin' the hap-hap-happy dance tonight!!

teresa_nc7
14 years ago

Just got home from a Round Robin dinner/swap with my RR buddies and.....I also went to pick up my bed quilt from the long arm quilter that has had it since June. OMGoodness!!! it is beautiful and worth every penny I paid her to quilt it! Me -- who said I'd maybe never pay to have one of my quilts quilted by someone else? Well, I will gladly eat those words with whipped cream and a cherry on top!

My quilt is 98" X 98" and NO WAY could I have done the lovely quilting on it that she did with her long arm machine. I've only quilted two large quilts in 25 years of quilting and I swore I would never do a big quilt again.

My quilter is doing a great business -- there must have been 6-8 quilts on hangers in her room and one more on the frame, plus maybe 2 more in the completed bin with mine. Now I can't wait to plan my next bed quilt for me! Just hope it won't take 25 years for the next one - ha! I said I wanted just basic free motion quilting -- thinking I would get meandering, which would have been fine with me. She did lovely scallop lines echoing each other with a 3/4/5 bud design in the middle of the group - really nice.

Teresa, sharing the joy! (can you tell I'm excited? I just about started bawling when I saw it)

Comments (7)