SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinch_me

Happy Birthday to my Kitchen!!

pinch_me
13 years ago

A double celebration tonight. So far I still have electricity and no blizzard AND A year ago I was in the home stretch of the kitchen remodel. By March 1 I was moving in and my carpenter was gone! Happy Dance every day Starting Feb. 5th, 2009 and two Happy Dances every night!

{{!gwi}}

I quit stressing over the backsplash and went with framed old ads. I move them around and change them out from time to time. I have two pictures I found in the machine shed, a third didn't look right so it didn't make the cut. If you're old enough to remember the newsprint tablets with colored covers??? that's what the machine shed pictures are. The colors are so bright they look brand new. I've spent as much money on tablecloths as I might have on a cheap backsplash but I can change those every day for at least two weeks without repeating. Still that one elusive cloth to find - and it will cost next year's tax refund if/when I do.

I found the original door in the machine shed, too, and it's back on the kitchen door.

Those of you touching your cabinets stacked in the living room know exactly how I feel every day. My face hurts from smiling. I took pictures with and without under cab lights on. I can't get a good picture with them all on - it's so bright everything washes out.

There are things that didn't work like I thought they would so I have a new To Do List but all in all, I'm still thrilled. I can't seem to get the contents arranged in the right cabinet near a suitable counter. But it gives me something to do, keeps me off the streets and out of the bars.

Here is a link that might be useful: my kitchen today

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio