SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

hanging curtains right now!! (pic's) frozen... unsure again!

tinker_2006
11 years ago

Last week I had tons of suggestions on what to do with my windows. I considered everything... and moved forward still unsure!

For those who did not follow the last post... I have a historic 1937 coastal "cottage" (it is 3000sq feet, so not so little).

Some suggested one long rod, some suggested single window rods.. I went with the single. I ordered them from Restoration Hardware, they are nice and look somewhat vintage. It's antique brass, but looks more brassy than my idea of antique brass.. but I'm okay with the rods.

After looking through magazines, I decided to hang the rods on the molding, 84" fits perfect on these windows, and to use another size, I'd have to order custom. So I'm working with 84".

PLEASE INGORE THE TIEBACK MATERIAL!! It is a shirt I cut just to use the fabric to tie them back for a visual.

Pictures are dark.. sorry.

Some suggested to go with a light Linen, I liked that idea, and ordered an open weave linen curtains from Crate and Barrel. They seem pretty nice, and had great reviews on them.

So my questions before I go further....

#1) I ordered white... trim is white, sofa's an off white.. should I have picture a Natural color instead of white?

#2) Hanging them.. on the rod, with rings or on the rod and have them tied back (hubby likes the tieback look).

#3) if I use the rings, the curtains will pool on the floor, if I use the rod... should I move it down so that the curtains just touch the floor?

THANK YOU.... I tried to ask hubby for help.. but he said he didn't care. :(

Rings on left side, on rpd right side

v

From curtains
From curtains
From curtains

tieback?

From curtains
From curtains

Comments (16)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement