SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acdesignsky

Would you do curtains/rug? Pics

acdesignsky
11 years ago

I've been going back and forth with the idea of window treatments for our dining nook off the kitchen since we moved in 4 years ago. Initially, I really liked how open and fresh it looked with the 2" blinds, but now it feels unfinished. I recently added curtains to the front room and love the softness and color it brings to the newly painted cream walls.

So, would drapes work here? I worry there isn't really enough wall in the corners for 1.5X width drapes but that more narrow panels would look skimpy. I don't like valances and the blinds have to stay. Colorwise-I would either do the same Blue Smoke Dupioni silk PB drapes as in the family room, or a deep gray velvet (to match the sofa). I'm open to ideas there as well. Maybe a cool ethnic pattern a la John Robshaw? You can see the brick red hall to the right. I could pick up that color in the drapes too. I can sew a little and have made panels i just have to find fabric.

Another thought was a rug (again to soften the area), but I have no idea what shape to get that works both with the bump out and the oval table. The only oval rugs I have seen are braided and sort of country.

Any help is greatly appreciated. i feel I have looked at all 400K+ pics on houzz and all it does is raise more questions! Too much gorgeousness! HELP.

Here is the family room which is open to the kitchen and dining nook. The entire house is sort of shotgun style. Long and narrow with few windows. This shows the Blue Smoke panels and the grey velvet sofa.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery