SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dianemargaret_gw

what to do

dianemargaret
15 years ago

I am going through a divorce. Back in June when this started my husband insisted we put the house up for sale. I did a lot of painting and put it up FSBO in August and in Sept. got an offer $10,000 more than purchase price three years ago. Husband then decides he will not co-operate. Now says he will agree to put house up in Feb with contingency for a june closing as he wants to move on then and does not want to be tied to a lease on an apt. We have an 18 year old son who is graduating this year so I think that is reasonable.

Contacted the Sept. offer and asked if they would be interested in a contingency to close in June. She just wrote back with an offer now $5,000 over what we paid three years ago agreeing to the contingency but wanting her own contingency that if they find another place they can get out of the contract up to a month or so before the sale. That time frame I wouldn't go for but I was thinking maybe three months before June they would be locked in.

Or I could just tell them I will be happy to remind them when I put the house back on the market in March. Not sure what to do. After all a bird in the hand. But on the other hand I did not market it that aggressively. In fact all I did was put out flyers in the local tack stores since this is a horse property.

Typing this all out I think I will respond by saying instead of having double contingencies lets talk again in March. But what does everyone else think?

Comments (8)