SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelingmark

Exterior Color Suggestions for Two Story Craftsman in SF Bay Area

RemodelingMark
12 years ago

Hello,

Our San Francisco bay area two story craftsman home remodel construction is under way... we need to gain some confidence in potential color schemes as soon as possible to so we can finalize the colors for our window order (Kolbe Ultra Series wood interior/aluminum clad exterior).

I've pasted a couple external elevation sketches below to give a feel for the style and type of siding we expect to use.

Like many people, we are having a difficult time making color decisions before the house is constructed and without seeing any samples painted on the house. White would be a safe choice for the exterior window cladding, but both my wife & I tend to prefer darker windows and see the window sash color as a chance to potentially add a little bit more character to the home. But if we select a specific sash color, it obviously needs to fit into the larger color scheme of the home. We may end up going with a two body color scheme (e.g. wood stained shingles for the second story and a blue or green body color for the lap siding on the first story.)

We would love to hear suggestions from others regarding what color scheme they think would look good on this home?

East (curb-side) Elevations:

From Remodel Images (Public)

West (back-side) Elevations:

South Elevations:

Comments (8)