SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bakergirl_gw

Creative cabinet door solutions?

Bakergirl
12 years ago

Hello,

We have a problem with our new dishwasher not allowing the cabinet and drawer next to it/alongside it to open. Our old dishwasher was a problem too-- you couldn't have handles/pulls on this cabinet and drawer. So, that looked bad anyway. Now we have a new kitchen, but kept/painted the old cabinets and got a new dishwasher. Well, now I can't open the drawer at all, unless the dishwashers is open (new dishwasher has a handle; my bad planning there), and the cabinet door can't open all the way.

This isn't a logical place for an open cabinet/shelf, which was my first thought (just take the cabinet door off, and turn the drawer into a shelf). Well, turning the drawer into shelf might be ok, but not the open cabinet. It's kind of a modern style kitchen, so I don't think a little curtain type thing would work. Is there any such thing as a cabinet door that slides (like a sliding closet door)? Or has anyone else had this problem and found a solution? I'd appreciate any and all ideas. Thanks in advance!

Comments (17)