SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

what size lcd tv for family room 8.5' to 12.75' feet viewing

susanlynn2012
12 years ago

What size LCD TV for Family Room 8.5' to 12.75' feet viewing? The closest part of my sofa will be 8.5 feet away and the recliner will be 12.75 feet away from where the eyes will be on a person to the TV. I am thinking 40 to 42 inches? My sofa is very low (Natuzzi leather) and I am not quite 5 feet tall. Right now I have my TV on a 17 year old oak stand that is 26" tall and the 27" CRT TV is the right height for viewing.

So I really would like to know what size would be best, what height of a table, and what brands are good. I have been doing research but I am still confused. I have a Toshiba 32" LCD 720P in my bedroom but for my family room I would like 1080p and a bigger LCD.

I would like to put the TV on the wall but I do not think I will be able to see it from the sofa so I am thinking of a glass table but I keep finding heights of 20" or 30" and not in between for a 42" wide TV. There is not much more room in that spot for a wider stand unless I have it blocking some of the window and I need light in the room badly. When I have some time, I will take a picture. The TV stand is going to be diagonal from kitchen to the open family room since I put the sofa back on the wall to allow more walking room and to make the room look bigger.

Comments (8)