SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jewelisfabulous

Wanted it, got it, what do I do with it now?

jewelisfabulous
10 years ago

I just had a tile floor laid with super thin grout lines (1/8"). I bought grout sealer but have no idea how to apply it without also getting it all over the porcelain tile. Any suggestions?

This post was edited by Jewel654 on Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 18:08

Comments (7)

• User
    10 years ago

google it

Here is a link that might be useful: how to patch a small hole in drywall

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm hoping a smaller application tool for grout lines this size is available. That's the main issue.

• jmc01
    10 years ago

Cut 1/2 the bristles out of an old toothbrush and, voila, a grout sealer applicator!

• geoffrey_b
    10 years ago

Or use a foam brush - they are beveled.

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, everyone, for your help. The beveled edge 2" foam brush worked best. It did get "mushy' the longer I worked with it which caused the sealer to spread onto the tile and have to be wiped off, so my "note to self" is to buy several and rotate through them next time I need to seal this grout. Done!!

• MiMi
    10 years ago

Home Depot sells small plastic bottles with thin brushes on the cap just for applying tile sealer. I bought one and it worked great. The description says "for walls".. but it worked great on the floor.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grout Sealer Applicator Brush Bottle

• erinsean
    10 years ago

I went to the hardware store and got a spray can of grout sealer. Just follow the directions.....to just spray the grout line and wipe off the tile with a dry cloth. Let dry overnight. So easy.