SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justinjk

Need to add Bathroom somewhere?

justinjk
10 years ago

Hi
I am doing a full remodel basicly a rebuild of my house of last 5 years. I am getting to the end and want to install a 2nd bath. When I framed and finished Master I include a space for a small bathroom. But I didnt have money to finish it so I just drywalled it and am using it as WIC. I had planned on adding a closet across back wall of bedroom once bathroom fixtures were added. Now I dont want to loose that space. Will only have 11x13 master. So now Im back to planning.
Only thing I can think of is to add door into living room so I can loose hallway going to MBD. I really doing want to do this. I already insulated this wall for sound and I still hear tv a little. Plus it is a little weird.
I originally had master bedroom were living room is but living space was too small so I reworked layout.

I installed trusses so there is no load bearing interior walls. The bath that is done has electrical panel on end wall so i dont want to move that wall. I built one big bedroom for 2 little girls and when they got older I was going to wall up in between rooms. So there needs to be a door and closet would be nice. Anything else can be moved.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments (3)