SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cynic_gw

Some excellent stuff on TV tonight

cynic
13 years ago

All started with an investigative report by KMSP "Fox9" called Kids, Cars & Country Roads. It talks about a fatal car crash near Pine City about a month ago. The one who survived and was able to call for help was the only one wearing a seat belt. It was an interesting report.

Even after the accident, the grieving groups, the "Will power" few are wearing a seat belt. Amazing? Unbelievable? Not sure what term to use. Like the principal said there's a fine line between memorializing and turning him into a martyr.

The other point brought up was he didn't know where he was at to ask for help. He wasn't from the area so he had no idea where he was at. There was a mailbox with a name on it and they were able to use that to determine the location. Good reminder for everyone to be aware of your location. Even in town if you need to call 911, not all cells have GPS capability.

This report caught my attention. Of course we're in sweeps but usually they have some stupid topic but this one was good IMO.

After watching that I looked at a link they had to Don't Text And Drive - Teen TV Commercial Challenge. In short, high school kids competed in doing a commercial aimed at, of course, teens texting while driving. All of the finalists were good, and a couple were extremely professional. Too late to vote on your favorite now but you can see the five finalists.

I hope they use them all. It's illegal to text while you drive in MN. I don't think that's publicized enough.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!