SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ratrem

Show your DIY or less than 20K renovations

ratrem
12 years ago

So a few recent posts have me wondering how many of us did DIY or "cheaper" renos. (20,000 is not really cheap LOL). I'll start this is our house that we just sold. We kept cabinets (at the time they were 20 years old, still functional but we didn't have the budget to replace).

We found the wood floors under 3 levels of linoleum obviously not perfect.

We cut the upper cabinets out and were going to replace with glass but ended up with 7$ chicken wire from HD.

New appliances, lighting, sink, backsplash, disposal, recessed lighting. Counters are soapstone from remnants so it has more seems but was only 2K including install. I think after all was said and done we were right around 12K...

Kitchen before:

Kitchen mid point, went two toned, but then decided to paint it all white, this is before the new sink, faucet etc. We actually painted the laminate counters before we could afford the soapstone. The tile was free left over from my parents, we ended up switching it out later after finding a great deal on some white subway.

This is now, we painted a bright yellow as the kitchen is dark. We just sold our house, had we known we were moving we would have just put a fresh coat of white on.

the fun part about painting old cabinets is every 4 years or so you can change up the color.

Anyone else have any others to share....

Comments (16)