SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jakabedy_gw

Upholsterd headboard? Or upholstered bed?

jakabedy
11 years ago

I live in an MCM house, and I sleep in a cherry sleigh bed. The sleigh bed is beautiful, in great shape, I've had it forever and it totally doesn't go with the house. It's time for a change.

I came across an upholstered headboard on the local CL and almost ran to get it, but then I started thinking about the look I wanted. I realized that in my mind, I envision the look achieved with a fully upholstered bed, or platform bed. But I don't like the beds that stick out too much beyond the mattress, forming a ledge. And I worry that an upholstered bed would just get dirty. Something like this:

But with just a headboard and plain metal rails, I would have to use a bedskirt, or a full bedspread, like this:

Heck, I couldn't even find a picture of an old-school bedspread. I like the look with the bed skirt, but it isn't really "modern". I'm not a lucite chair and hanging table sort of modern gal, but I'm not sure bed skirt is the way I need to go, either.

So am I being blinded by the idea of a super bargain on a headboard? Do I need to just hold out and get a fully upholstered bed or a platform bed?

Comments (14)