SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vicky4x4

2009 Birthday Block sign-ups

vicky4x4
15 years ago

I am the new host for the 2009 Birthday blocks.

The time has come again for all those that are interested to sign up for the Birthday Block Swap. HereâÂÂs how it works:

1. Sign up!

2. Email me your Street address, Birth date and e-mail address (these are confidential and only sent to swap recipients).

3. Pick a theme; block style, size, and color preference for the blocks you would like to receive.

4. I put everyone who signs up into groups of 13.

5. I email you your group list.

6. You send one block to each person in your group on their birthday. (not me)

7. You receive 12 blocks on your birthday from the other members of your group.

8. If you want to add something else, like a card or a small goody, that is your choice, but not a requirement.

PLEASE REMEBER THIS IS A YEAR LONG COMMITMENT!!!!

You may pick what ever you want for your block. The blocks would be "beginner friendly",,,no appliqué, unless a person asks for a Quilters choice of block and the maker wants to do appliqué... This swap is open to all levels of quilters and we do not want to discourage new quilters from joining.

I will try to assign everyone to a list that pretty much spread out the birthdays so there arenâÂÂt a lot on your list in one month.

Please make sure your fabric is washed, so we donâÂÂt have bleeders.

This swap will be open for sign ups until October 31st. You should have your lists back to you before November 15th. So that everybody can get started with their early January blocks before the holiday rush.

Now for a few details that need addressed; sometimes, for whatever reason, someone might need or just want to drop out. If that happens, no problem, but please be fair and let me know ahead so some one else can volunteer to take your spot. I will ask for "pinch hitters" who will be willing to fill in and go the extra mile if they can.

If anyone has any questions, please ask. I look forward to another great year of birthday swaps.

Vicky

Comments (49)