SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
freezetag

Help! Dividing a bonus room into two bedrooms

freezetag
15 years ago

When we built our home, we split the bonus room up into a laundry room, bedroom and a couple of closets. We would now like to add another bedroom, though, and are torn between remodeling the bonus room, and finishing some space in our basement (which would require adding an egress window). I have tried to think of a way to subdivide the bonus room space gracefully, but am coming up short - can anyone help with some ideas? My husband did the original plumbing/HVAC for our house, so moving the washer/dryer will be OK.

Current Layout:

I included the two bedrooms on the right, just for perspective, but we are not doing anything with them, except possibly reconfiguring the closet for the lower right bedroom

My lame attempt to reconfigure: (still need to provide a closet for the right lower bedroom, and figure out how to get to the "new" bedroom.) The dotted lines represent attic space, some of which is theoretically usuable, but the walls would be sloping from 8' down to 0. It is for my son, and he thinks the sloping walls would be cool - not sure how much real space would be added though)

Comment (1)