SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lolainthecola_gw

Replacing Corian sink with underhung stainless

lolainthecola
14 years ago

I would love some feedback from anyone who has replaced a Corian sink with a different material. Our Corian sink is badly nicked (too deep to be sanded out) and we had considered having it resurfaced, but I can't seem to find any evidence that there is an accepted procedure for doing so (one repairman I spoke to talked of using marine filler and varnish to refinish the sink. He said it would be nice and shiny when he got done, which is just what I don't want. The counters are matte. The second repair place I called refused to even suggest a repair method over the phone. They wanted to charge me $75 to come to the house before they would discuss anything).

We were thinking of getting an underhung stainless steel sink put in instead. Our kids do the dishes and I know stainless would tolerate their methods a lot better than Corian has. My concern is that underhung sinks would have a gap between the sink and counter where yucky stuff would collect and grow. Any thoughts on underhung sinks would also be welcome.

Thanks!

Comments (4)