SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tammyw_gw

Curtains for 3 side-by-side sliding glass doors (25 feet wide)

tammyw
9 years ago

This is a bad iphone picture and I apologize, but it's all I have right now. We just moved into this very open floor plan house:
http://s955.photobucket.com/user/tammywahl/media/kitchen_zpsc1ce2ec3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

We will do white shutters throughout the rest of the house, but we have these three large sliding glass doors we need to deal with. We do need to do something pretty quickly because the east sun comes in and will eventually fade the furniture and floors. UV treatment isn't an option since it will void the warranty on our doors (plus I do want something).

I had a drapery person come and she suggested one long 2' rod that goes all the way across all windows, plus 6 separate custom panels on rings. She suggested a 'color' block style - lighter color on the bottom, darker color on the top, and that it would break up the fabric better than if we use a pattern (which would be too much).

The cost would be huge because that is 25' of wall space. There would be a top sewn book pleat for nice casual elegance and fullness. Just wondering if this will look as great as she says it will.

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths