SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
froggyquilter

To Debbie and Tara-Bobbin Babes

froggyquilter
14 years ago

Hi there

I mailed out your birthday blocks yesterday, I hope you have a great birthday!!

Angie

Comments (32)

• tdsully
    14 years ago

Angie, I recieved your block Wed. Love the colors. What is the name of the pattern? I don't think I've seen it before. I really like it. Tara

• froggyquilter
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Tara,
    I can't remember off the top of my head which one i did for you but i know i got the pattern off quilter's cache. I'm glad you liked it!

• Related Discussions

To Freekie - Bobbin Babes

Q

Comments (20)
    Did sent a mail with a picture of the blocks I received to all of you but those of Kritina and Debbie bounced back. I tried again but no luck. I don't know how to put a picture here perhaps one of you can help me out. Photobucket doesn't work here at least I can't get it working. Will mail another picture to all of you when I have all the blocks Thank you, every block is great.Ankie
    ...See More

bobbin babes august

Q

Comments (4)
    Hi! Glad you got your block. Once again I am VERY sorry for being so late. My life has been somewhat of a mess, but finally back on track. One more b-day block and I'm caught up. Thank you for being patient. I'm sure your boy quilt is going to be awesome.
    ...See More

Bobbin Babes ROCK!

Q

Comments (15)
    Lola you block was waiting for me when we got home. Thanks so much, it did turn out lovely. Thanks for the kind words too, they are really appreciated. Angie, I'm not sure when it made it, but your's was waiting for me too. They are all just great, and this will be a great top. Received so far: Tinytina Sandlapper_rose Jackier123 Freekie Patti60 Tdsully Redrosie Froggyquilter Lola99 beverly
    ...See More

Bobbin Babes block sent

Q

Comments (1)
    Hi Kitty! Your block is already here!! It is perfect, and I also love the "pass is forward" birthday card. I am getting very excited about the quilt! Thank you so much...and your birthday is coming up very soon! I will let you know when I put your block in the mail! Thanks, Meima
    ...See More
  • jackier123
    14 years ago

Debbie and Tara,

I am mailing out your blocks tomorrow. Hope you enjoy them.

Jackie

• lola99
    14 years ago

Tara,

I mailed your block on Saturday. I hope it gets there soon.

Lola

• freekie
    14 years ago

Debbie,
    I mailed your block yesterday.
    Have a great birthday
    Ankie

• tdsully
    14 years ago

Lola I recieved your block on Mon. I love it! What a wonderful design. THank you. Tara

• tdsully
    14 years ago

sandlapper_rose I got you block. I really like the pattern. Thank you! Tara

• jackier123
    14 years ago

Debbie and Tara,

Have either of you received the blocks that I sent?

Jackie

• tdsully
    14 years ago

Jackie,
    I got your block yesterday(Thursday) Thank you and you sent two!! Love the colors on both. Tara

• meima
    14 years ago

This week has been homecoming week at our high school, so we have been in a frenzy! I have been at school late every night this week, but my husband has been watching the mail for me. He loves getting the blocks as much as I do, so when I call to check in each afternoon, he tells me where and who the blocks are from and then what they look like (since I cannot wait until I get home)! He even described the stamp on the package from Kristene (Tiny Teena). Anyway, I have received absolutely perfect blocks from:
    Kristene (Tiny Teena)
    Jayne & Jackie: Both sent extra blocks. Thank you so much!!
    Angie The fabric card was great!

I am so excited to post pictures! The blocks are beautiful. My Log Cabin in Autumn Quilt will be spectacular!

• patti60
    14 years ago

my block is in the mail tara, and debbie i have a stamp on yours ready to go.

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Debbie,
    I completed your block last evening and will send it soon. I'll post when I do so you will have some idea when it is on its way. I enjoyed reading about how your husband describes the blocks to you when they arrive.
    Being in the birthday block groups is really fun! I love receiving the mail during my month, too.
    Jeanne

• tdsully
    14 years ago

Debbie,
    I am mailing your block today after school.

• meima
    14 years ago

Tara,
    I do not have your address. Your block is packaged and ready to go, so if I don't hear from you by email I can get yours from the package! My school email is debbie.howes@rowan.kyschools.us if you can send me your address that way.
    Thanks!
    Debbie

• lola99
    14 years ago

Debbie,

I sent your block today. When I took it to the post office, I asked the clerk to put an interesting stamp on it just for fun.

Lola

• salijo
    14 years ago

Tara, I actually made your block about 3 months ago as I was excited about the pattern I had decided to use, but then I was a little discouraged because I was going to need to take a few seams apart and resew them. So I had set it aside to finish later.....well, later came sooner than expected! I will be a couple of days late with your block. I'm going to be out of town tomorrow, so the earliest I can mail it will be Thursday (your birthday.)
    Sorry about that!

Debbie, do you want any specific color as the center of your block or just keep it in the same autumn color family as the logs? (your birthday is Oct 27, correct?)

Salijo

• meima
    14 years ago

Lola! My husband will love it!! (And...I will too!) I actually kept the stamp with the Kangaroo. My daughters collected stamps when they were little, but left all of them behind with me when they grew up and married. I may have to start up the collection again!
    You are very thoughtful!
    Thank you!

Salijo,
    Please choose the center which you like best! My grandson attended a quilting camp this summer (actually a well disquised reading camp for boys!) He is in second grade this year. They actually got to set up a quilt on old fashioned frames and tack it. Of course everything was designed to appeal to the boys. (Even the books...Sam Johnson and the Blue Ribbon Quilt, Reuben and the Quilt)Anyway, when he found my birthday blocks all spread out on the kitchen table, he said, "Hey Meima! These are log cabins..and see..the chimney is right in the middle."
    Well...of course I was impressed! :)

• redrosey_2008
    14 years ago

I sent your block, Tara, have you received it yet? I would have thought you'd gotten it by now.... Kitty

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Debbie,
    I am mailing your block to you today. I hope it reaches you without any problem.
    Have a happy birthday!
    Jeanne

• tdsully
    14 years ago

Kitty,
    Sorry, I think I left a message under the Bobbin Babes October Which I don't even see on the list now. Yes I did get your block and I love the colors. I am so excited about all the blocks I have gotten. All of them have been wonderful and will go together great.
    Tara

• redrosey_2008
    14 years ago

Tara, So glad to hear that you received my block and liked it.... I enjoyed doing it for you.... Kitty

• meima
    14 years ago

Greetings to Tara and Sally!!

I was so excited when I checked the mail today (got home before my husband could check it!). Thank you to you both for my beautiful blocks. The colors are perfect! And Sally, what a perfect little pin cushion!? It exactly matches the block!! Husband was intriqued! I was impressed. Those teeny-tiny projects outwit me!
    Thank you, thank you!
    Meima

• tdsully
    14 years ago

Debbie,
    I got your block yesterday. Love it and thenk you so much for the extra fabric. Love the highway 66 pattern. We have a small vintage travel trailor. That caught my eye right off. This has been fun getting blocks. But it did rain all day yesterday. Still a good birthday.

• salijo
    14 years ago

Debbie, I haven't sent yours out yet! You must've gotten that block and pin cushion from someone else...unless you are in two exchanges...I know there is another Sally on this forum and I think she's in a different exchange.
    Salijo

• freekie
    14 years ago

Debbie did my block reach you?
    I did sent it on the 28th of September
    Ankie

• salijo
    14 years ago

Tara, I finally finished your block last night and it will be mailed out today! So sorry for the delay.
    Salijo

• meima
    14 years ago

Ankie,
    Yes!!! Thank you so much. It is gorgeous!! I am excited to post pictures!
    Thank you again,
    Meima

• tdsully
    14 years ago

Salijo,
    Your block was here Friday. Those were the colors I was expecting. I've gotten alot of yellows and burnt red or pottery color. But I was going to make some turquoise blocks to add. Thank you so much also for the ornament. I have a snowman collection. This has been a wonderful birthday. Thank you all!! Tara

• salijo
    14 years ago

Tara, thank you for letting me know you received my block, and I'm relieved that you like the colors and the ornament! Glad to hear your birthday was good!
    Salijo

• meima
    14 years ago

Hi Salijo,
    Yes there is another Sally (Nana24). She is in the Bobbin Babe group and that is the block I received. Isn't it interesting that we do not have a lot of repeated names!?

• salijo
    14 years ago

hmmm...I'm in the Bobbin Babes group and I don't remember Sally (Nana24) being in it. In any case, I have your block finished and will be mailing it out tomorrow.
    Salijo

• meima
    14 years ago

Sorry Salijo,
    You are right! She is in the Sew-and-Sew group. She is listed in that group as Terry Frickey(Nana24), but we got a correction that Terry is her DH. I have that on a separate page right behind Bobbin Babes and in front of Sew-and-Sews! Since my mind lies somewhere between most things...I messed up! You are our only Bobbin Babe Sally :)
    Have a great day!
    Meima (Debbie)