SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sparksals

Help me Revamp Our Listing Description

sparksals
16 years ago

The ongoing saga of our house not having any lookers, yet is priced in line with comps. Three homes in the area are under contract. While that's encouraging, I wish one of them was mine!

I never liked the listing description the realtor wrote. It's too generic and doesn't showcase anything about the home. I do like each blurb with the photos.

I'm thinking of all the positive aspects of our home we need to focus on to make us pop. In no particular order, but what I want in the limited space is

1. Top notch school district.

2. Fireplace

3. Private and maturely landscaped backyard

4. His n' hers walk in closets in master

5. Recent renos of new tile (diagonal), carpet in beds, new roof, updated fixtures, new paint.

6. We are in a prime location very close to I-10. That is a huge plus in Tucson. Shopping and restaurants are nearby.

7. We are close to three schools, elementary is walking distance.

8. There's a playground in the neighbourhood.

9. Nice view of backyard from FR and Kitchen.

10. Pond/waterfall

11. we have dual cooling - both AC and Evap cooler. Most homes have only one. Coincidentally, a home that is under contract in our area sold with only an evap cooler which is totally useless during monsoon season. The fact we have both is a bonus.

I really like fairygirl's part of the description where it says "Serene, mature landscaping & cozy fireplace add to the beauty of this home. "

This is a rough draft. Feel free to tear apart, pick apart or say that it's perfect! lol

Turnkey home in top school district close to 1-10, schools and all ammenities. New gleaming tile in living areas & baths, plush new carpet in bedrooms, bright kitchen with view of backyard. Masterbed features his & hers walkin closets and slider to back patio. New light and plumbing fixtures. New ductwork for Air Con & Evap Cooler. Serene, mature landscaping & cozy fireplace add to the beauty of this home all under a brand new roof.

Any tweaking ideas? Complete revamp? I checked and the word count is close to the max. I went by fairygirl's listing (the other lady in Tucson) which has 436 characters with spaces. Above is 431.

Starting Tuesday, we are going to offer an incentive to the buyer's realtor to hopefully get people at least in here. The commission is already an even split at the going rate of 6%, so we are going to offer an additional $2K to the realtor who brings in a qualified buyer and successfully closes. We just can't afford to chase down the market. If this at least brings in lookers when we haven't had any, then I will consider this strategy a success.

Appreciate any and all advice -which I know I will get whether I want it or not! lol

Here is a link that might be useful: Listing

Comments (56)