SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Outdoor furnishings

mtnrdredux_gw
9 years ago

So, when we bought our beachhouse we bought all of the furnishings. This included a lot of verandah furniture (it is a large "L", and just the part facing the water is 50'x12'.)

Upon closer inspection, we had to replace all of it. The environment is tough on such things, and some of it was broken, and it all needed new cushions (they were red and white stripes and red and grey floral).

Because our house is a very traditional grey cedar, we went with white wicker. Our choice was to take what we could find in stock, or wait for an 8 week delivery (meaning we would be without all summer). What they had in stock has green cushions ... a bright, spring pea of a green that veers toward lime. (see below).

The only colors on the exterior are the weathered cedar (light grey), the porch floor (dark grey) and trim (white). And trees, grass and the ocean.

I want to tone down the green by adding navy and/or grey throw pillows, maybe poofs, and a striped throws.

We have a round wicker table and armchairs, a sofa, an armchair with ottoman, a second armchair, a wicker rocker, and then four white wooden rockers. The rockers will be lined up on one side of the verandah.

A few questions:

What patterns or colors would you use with what we have (the white wicker, green below, greys, etc).

Do you have a favorite outdoor pillow source?

Do outdoor poufs hold up? Don't they get moldy underneath with no airflow? I purposely did not get a wicker coffee table because I perfer the look of garden stools or poufs.

I would like to put a throw or 2 over the rockers. You see that all the time now in ads; is there such a thing as an outdoor throw?

TIA

{{!gwi}}

Comments (8)