SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

Quilt from Thrift Store Shirts

K8Orlando
13 years ago

The CEO of my company is retiring and I will miss him. He's run this charity organization for almost 20 years and has shaped everything about it. I like him and admire what he's done. He and his wife plan to travel - some of the time by RV - so I thought a smallish travel quilt would be handy. Our business accepts donations of clothing and household goods, then uses the money generated by those sales to fund job training and placement programs. So it seemed like a cool idea to use fabric from shirts that I purchased in our stores for his quilt. Oxford cloth shirts to represent his work years and Hawaiian prints for his up-coming retirement.

It's 42"x42", backed with a cute retro RV fabric, quilting is simple FM meander. The top is all from fabric from gently used shirts. The label is made from the sleeve placket of a blue oxford shirt. The quilt name is on the outside, but unbutton the placket and my name, the date, the reason for the quilt and the washing instructions are printed inside.

I'll give it to him on Monday. I think he'll like the sentiment.

Kate

Comments (24)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!