SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandy_in_ia

Chalkboard Painted....pic

sandy_in_ia
14 years ago

Kalie & Mike are getting married on October 31. We are having a candy buffet...because it is Halloween....because there are going to be a ton of kids there....because I wanna!!! LOL

Anyway...this is one of my projects that we are going to use on the candy buffet. I will write the name of the candy on them...and some fun little things too.

Just thought I would share. You can buy a little can of chalkboard paint for about $8, and it goes a LONG way! Some terra cotta pots...wal-lah! I am going to use it for other things too...but this is one that I have done. It is really great to work with, and yes, it is just like a blackboard! (chalk on - chalk off)

Comments (12)

• lindaohnowga
    14 years ago

Well that's a neat and cute idea.

• Granlan_TX
    14 years ago

A great idea, Sandy! I've heard about that paint for years; glad to know it's really true!

My Dad was born on Halloween. :)

How unusual to hear about a couple picking that holiday for the wedding day...pretty cool, if you ask me!

So, are you gonna have pumpkin pie rather than a cake? LOL

• sandy_in_ia
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kalie wanted a fall wedding, the only date available for the place they wanted everything held was Halloween. Neither of them would have picked it...but it is fine. We will have fun with the reception.

No pumpkin pie...but LOTS of pumpkins for decorations!...and straw bales, and gourds and mums!

• gramzeeinmd
    14 years ago

Oh My Sandy!
    Kalie's wedding sounds awesome.
    Keep us updated and post pics of
    ideas you are going to use for decorations.
    I just cannot wait for this wedding.
    Deb

• lydia1959
    14 years ago

Sounds like a fun wedding!! I love your ideas with the chalkboard paint.

• glenda_al
    14 years ago

Cool!

• sandy_in_ia
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh Deb....you don't know what you are asking!!!! LOL We are really having a good time with the decorations! I have all the pics on my office puter, I will post some tomorrow.

I'll say this now......Dean had to go buy a chain saw so Kalie could have the center pieces she wanted!!! =)

Yes, we are really planning on having a very fun reception! Wedding will be nice...reception will be fun!

• sandy_in_ia
    Original Author
    14 years ago

This is what the kids' center pieces are based around. There are about 7 or 8 different center piece styles for the whole room.

• grinch_gut
    14 years ago

Way cool how awesome this is going to look I can't wait for even more pictures...I am too happy to hear about the paint I have wanted to use it for years but never knew of anyone who had.....Stacy

• dilly_dally
    14 years ago

What great ideas! The centerpieces look fabulous and the chalkboard paint on the pots is great for the children.

No reason not to have a pumpkin wedding cake? Lots of wedding cakes nowdays use carrot cake. A pumpkin cake is about the same.

If you Google *Halloween Wedding Cake* you can see photos of some very creative wedding cakes designed for the season. Some are made with plain batter and some are made with pumpkin cake.

Here is a link that might be useful: Halloween Wedding Cakes

• sandy_in_ia
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nope...Kalie wanted a special cake...NOT Halloween! She is having a special cake made for the grooms cake tho! LOL

Although it is on Halloween, there won't be much of Halloween'y' things...except for the candy buffet that will be opened later on. Everything is really based around the Fall theme. Of course, there will be some fun Halloween things during the dancing later on! =)

• linda_in_iowa
    14 years ago

How cute. Sandy you are so talented.