SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

Just taking a minute to say 'hi' to my KT friends!

phoggie
11 years ago

It has been quite awhile since I have been on this forum, but wanted to let you know some "good news" in my life for a change.

I finally got our (well, now it is mine) house sold...closed, and check in the bank! The Amish builders, who my DH liked so well, has a spot they are going to work me in because their next build didn't have all of their financial arrangements made.....so I am now back in the building mode and he gave me good (or at least, I was happy) approximate materials + labor estimate. He said he thought that he could build it cheaper for me this way than a bid price because contractors always add in quite a bit should the "unknown" come up on the build.

I trust this contractor so much. They do extremely good work and I believe him to be very honest. DH was an architect/contractor before his death and he said that when/if we built this contractor would be the only one he would use. He has inspected his work and totally approved.

I had a complete melt-down last Sunday...I looked around this house that DH drew and built just for us about 12 years ago and it felt like I was leaving him here...but Monday I got ahold of myself and decided that although I am leaving his hand-print here, I am taking his spirit with me to the lot we have had for over 4 years on our little lake that we both loved.

I have to move Saturday....have no "home", but a dear former classmate, who is also widowed recently asked me to come live with her until I bought or built a house. I am extremely thankful for her generous offer.

So until the next time I stop by at KT, you all be well and stay safe....blessings :-)

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!