SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlhealdquilter

Breast Cancer Awareness Blocks--UPDATE

dlhealdquilter
16 years ago

Ladies

I just wanted to give you an update on the status of our Breast Cancer Awareness Blocks for the quilt auction we will be having in October.

Again, I can not say THANK YOU enough to everyone who has contributed so far. There is still time. We are accepting blocks until September 15th for this year's auction. Any blocks that come in after that time will go toward quilts for next year's event. Anyway...

...with just the blocks that I have in my possession, we have well over 100 blocks! A group of got together this evening to start laying out blocks to see what kind of sashing/border fabric we would need. One of our doctors at the Air Force Base (who was the original driving force with this project) who just retired, donated yards, and I means yards, of fabric that we can use for the backing. There is a group going out on Saturday to purchase the sashing/border fabric that we need, another group getting together on Monday, and yet another group forming for August 29th. Blocks are still rolling in from all over the United States...this is a FABULOUS event this year.

Pictures will be taken on October 15th so that the booklet can be made and the actual auction is October 25th. I'm so excited and can't wait to post pictures to show you all.

Remember, if you would like to contribute to the cause, this will be an on going event for Minot Air Force Base, so we will take blocks/completed quilts/fabric donations year round and use them accordingly.

Thank you again, from everyone on my committee for your generous support for this cause and the military. God Bless!

Lynn in North Dakota

Comments (12)