SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathy725

Silgranite Performa Medium 1 3/4 and garbage disposal issue-help!

cathy725
11 years ago

First, I want to say I really appreciate all the wonderful information you all provide to this very helpful forum--I know I have benefited from the collective knowledge. So here's another request for your help.

I searched and saw several photos of disposals with the silgranit deep sinks. Could I ask for a little more information please.

GC (here we go again) says that the sink openings are "too close together" to properly install the disposal. He claims there isn't enough room to properly connect the two pipes with a T. Obviously this has been done for those of you with this same sink, so photos would be great here.

There is also an issue with the drain pipe height.

So my questions are as follows:
1. With this specific sink, how are the two drain pipes connected to each other and the disposal

2. Is the drain opening in the side of your disposal higher, same height or lower than your pipe that exits the back of the cabinet?

I told him to get the compact insinkerator, but he didn't (he got the evolution premier, not compact version). I'm hoping the compact will be just enough smaller to make a difference. Right now the opening for the insinkerator disposal pipe is about 1" lower than the exit drain pipe in back of cabinet. This is not a good thing.

I really hope that a compact will solve this issue, but it's hard to tell from the website specifications.

So what's under your sink? I know I'm asking a lot, but if you could measure from cabinet floor to disposal opening and cabinet floor to exit pipe in back of cabinet, that would really help me out (along with your brand of disposal).

I do NOT want to have to cut open the back of the cabinet and drywall to lower the exit pipe. I'd much rather have a smaller disposal if I can find one to fit.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Sigh, it's always something!

Comments (8)