SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

I'm back to whine about my latest haircut

alisande
12 years ago

Actually, I may weep instead of whine. In the past I've complained about hair stylists making me look like Queen Elizabeth, but the Queen's hairdo is actually a step up from what I've got now. I'm contemplating going into hiding for the summer because I look like.........

Keep scrolling

and scrolling!

Mamie Eisenhower!

I'm not even exaggerating. I don't know whether this latest hairdresser had it in for me, or was simply dimwitted. I brought pictures--one from the salon's website and one of me with the haircut we all know I liked--and stressed to her that my most important requirements were long bangs and long on top. Well, nothing was long when she got through, and when you cut my bangs too short they spring into tight curls, especially in this humid weather.

Yeah, I know it's only hair. But I'm just horrified every time I look in the mirror. I'm mad at myself, too, because although I refused to leave her a tip--and told the woman at the desk why--I really should have refused to pay for the cut. I didn't know how dreadful it was until I got to my car.

Sorry, Mamie, but I'm bummed.

Comments (42)