SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debsan_gw

Should I 'Go Green'?

debsan
15 years ago

Well, I had an idea of what the perfect backsplash would look like in my head when I started the re-do process, but as time passed and my kitchen materialized, I haven't been able to commit to this finishing touch.

In my idea-file there are lots of green backsplashes--like this one OR Jaymielo's kitchen for those of you who remember her beautiful backsplash.

{{!gwi}}

I kept thinking that I wanted to use green in my new kitchen. Since I have a copper sink, copper trash chute and copper-like faucet, I also had purchased copper tiles to use as accents.

It seems that all the greens I like seem very dark when I bring them home. I wanted to use stone, but the only thing I've found so far that works is this tile below.

I found two glass tiles selections that I like, but they don't look that good with the copper. There is a link below, but it doesn't give a very good representation of them. The two colors I was considering are Ice, which is about the color of Coca-Cola bottles, or the Jade, which looks like Jadite glass. Neither are as irridescent as the photo shows them to be.

So here are the choices. Ditch the copper for the green glass. Use the ceramic tile for the sake of the copper. OR I could just go with classic tumbled white marble which always looks good.

I've used up all my good-decision making ability during this remodel and feel hopelessly indecisive. Sooooo, I'm totally open to and will be very appreciative of any and all input.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths