SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zampoo

Kitchen Reno Layout

zampoo
11 years ago

I am doing a new kitchen and provide my latest layout plans as done using the Ikea kitchen planner. The space is in a loft with 12' ceilings. The room is 50' by 19' with a large 11' by 15' window on the short wall opposite the kitchen. I have depicted the kitchen space and dining room space. There is a 19' by 25' living room space bewteen the dining room and window. There are no walls. The L-shaped void depicted in the plans is open over a stairway and there an L-shaped 36" open railing on the perimeter of that space. The void in the cabinets is for a 42" refrigerator.

I cannot figure out how to put a counter top on the island. It is shown as 26" wide but is intended to be 38" wide such that there will be a 12" or so overhang over the area where the stools are situated, and 7 1/2' long. There would be about 38" clearance on either of the long sides of the island and about 42" between the short side of the island and the base cabinets where the cook top is situated. I am considering that the island may contain a prep sink, a dedicated garbage and recycling cabinet (the one closest to the main sink), a 24" wine cooler and a 24" beverage refrigerator.

I would appreciate any comments, especially those identifying the shortcomings of my design.

Comments (24)