SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Should Closets Be Wood Floors or Carpet?

User
9 years ago

So we are strongly considering putting wood floors in our library and secondary bedrooms (the same that are now in kitchen, LR, hallways and MBR since old wood floors replaced due to water damage.) These two bedrooms and library have always been carpeted, but I know when the time comes to replace the carpet I will kick myself if the wood floor type and color we now have are no longer available so that is why we're considering it now.

This is a classic case of scope creep (thank you again, Sueb20).

The question is whether or not we should extend the wood floors into the closets. The library and one BR have walk in closets (not huge but decently sized) and the other bedroom has a typical reach in closet with bifold doors. In all cases it won't be visible that there is carpet in the closets when then doors are shut. I cringe at the thought of having to clear out those closets for the workmen to get in them. I have seen closets both ways, carpeted and wood, but are there any advantages to either? Is it tacky to have two flooring materials like that? What say you, GWers.......carpet or wood in the closets?

Comments (27)